Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do I need to use an attorney to transfer title ownership on…

Customer Question
Do I need to...

Do I need to use an attorney to transfer title ownership on a vacant lot in pennsylvania?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have only provided a Land Purchase Agreement stating that I am selling and the buyer is buying a legal description for a sum of money for the vacant lot within a subdivision.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a PA lawyer about this?

Not yet, I have been referred to one in York, PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just wanted unsolicited advice on how best to handle the transaction in PA. I know in California, we use escrow that takes care of everything. I am not sure what protocols are required in PA especially as it relates to undeveloped land.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/19/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.