Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My fiance and his brother and sister are settling the estate…

My fiance and his...

My fiance and his brother and sister are settling the estate of his father and mothers property. It was told to them at the end of last year that the mother's house was being sold and the sister's daughter has to vacate the premises. the lawyer who is handling the case has now informed us that it is going to be and additional $5,000 to start eviction procedures. They attorney for the estate has already been paid for this process and it seems as though she is trying to railroad them. There were 3 properties involved. The property that my sister lives in has so many liens that we decided to sign over the house to her and we woukld split the other money for the other houses between my fiance and his brother and the children of our deceased older brother. This way my sister and remain in her house (that belonged to my father in law), and not expect any more monies.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Last year, and now she's asking for more money to start eviction procedures? They are not understanding. The original premise was to sell the house as is an divide the sale profit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

In South Philadelphia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, are her (the lawyer) legal procedures actually legal? Or is this just a way to bilk them out of more money?

3/19/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

the lawyer who is handling the case has now informed us that it is going to be and additional $5,000 to start eviction procedures

.

$5,000 for an eviction is ridiculous... The executor can file this on their own as the rep for the estate and proceed without an attorney at all if the daughter has been given a 30 day notice to vacate. The attorney is simply trying to bilk them out of money for something that shouldn't cost anywhere near that amount..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer
Barrister, Lawyer