Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My wife has been gone form my home for over 2 years and is…

Customer Question
my wife has been gone...
my wife has been gone form my home for over 2 years and is now coming in from time to time to break things. can i file a abandoment papers for this
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/19/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. To clarify, are you looking to file for divorce because of the abandonment?

I’m looking for the palate work so that i can keep her out of the home until divorce is final

Thank you for your reply.

Once the divorce is filed, you can file for temporary orders from the court asking for temporary possession of the marital home pending the finalization of the divorce. But you're not going to find blank forms for that available online. You'd either have to see a local attorney in your area or visit a law library and research how to properly draft the forms.