Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can i talk to on phone? because i am not good on computers.

Can i talk to...

Can i talk to on phone? because i am not good on computers

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Waverly mn

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was 458000.00 deal i think realtor drop the ball.because he did not give information'

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
3/19/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what you are asking and a little bit about the scenario. If you want a call, you can request an expert to call you (you should see that option on your screen; let me know if you do not).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was in TX when realtor sent me fax.I was told to sign it and send it back. I took up to the office told the fax out. They tried five times but the line busy all the time.I called the realtor and told him about problem he said they got new pone lines. At 5 clock office closed. They call me told fax never went through.The next morning I went to office depot sent the fax.I got a fax back saying the deal was off.Because they did not receive the fax by midnight. the first fax was sent at 1345.12 hours before the dead line.I was never told about the midnight dead line.I feel it was not fault that deal did not through.Can they be held responsible?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was in TX when realtor sent me fax.I was told to sign it and send it back. I took up to the office told the fax out. They tried five times but the line busy all the time.I called the realtor and told him about problem he said they got new pone lines. At 5 clock office closed. They call me told fax never went through.The next morning I went to office depot sent the fax.I got a fax back saying the deal was off.Because they did not receive the fax by midnight. the first fax was sent at 1345.12 hours before the dead line.I was never told about the midnight dead line.I feel it was not fault that deal did not through.Can they be held responsible? If not way not It is alot of money to lose.

Yes, they can. If the contract was contingent upon the fax being received, but the fax line was not working and you did your due diligence to try to send it, with no connection, then they may be held liable for the deal falling apart.

Whether or not it is worth your time and trouble to pursue them is of course, another issue.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law