Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am an architect practicing in Eau Claire. My question is:

I am an architect...

I am an architect practicing in Eau Claire. My question is: may a Wisconsin municipality (class 2 city) contract with a Construction Management Company to build a public works project? I understand this is not permitted for STATE OWNED projects, but believe s. 62.04 and 62.15 gives municipalities option to do so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WI lawyer about this?

Yes but all (3) seem reluctant to discuss with City Atty.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Researched WI statutes Chapters 16, 62 and 66

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I think that should do it.

3/19/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In WI, Section 62.04 gives Class 2 Municipalities the right of self governance and the code allows them to set their own laws and regulations for these projects. So the municipality could, if not prohibited by its home rule or local ordinances, use a Construction Management company on a Municipal Works project funded by the municipality.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you - you have been very helpful. W.C.Anderson

Thank you. I wish you the best.