Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a mortage company take possession of a vehicle left on a…

Can a mortage company...

Can a mortage company take possession of a vehicle left on a foreclosure property?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

None as yet. Foreclosure hasn't started as yet, but the person had a stroke and had to abandonethe property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

The person lives in Michigan in a medicial care facilitiy and his property is located in Brownsburg, IN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We don't know where the titles to the vehicle is.

3/19/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

They can remove a vehicle on a foreclosed property as abandoned. In order for them to take ownership of the vehicle, they would need to go to court to file to have the title changed to them for it being abandoned property. They do not need to have the title, they would file a petition in court and would need to show the vehicle was abandoned and they notified the owner to remove it and they failed to do so.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.