Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need to transfer titie of a duplex that my dad owed, I Am…

I need to...

I need to transfer titie of a duplex that my dad owed, I Am the trustie and I want to buy it there is a reverce mortgage on it i want to use my home equity line to buy it

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We nv

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NV lawyer about this?

We are in utah

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If the property is in a trust, are you the beneficiary of the trust so as to inherit the home?

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not filed any paper work, but i do not now how to go about doing titel transfor do i just go to a titel company and yes i am a beneficiary

Ok, if you are the beneficiary to the property, you just need to have a local real estate attorney or even a title or closing company prepare a quitclaim deed from the trust as the Grantor over to you as the Grantee. Then you sign the deed as trustee in front of a notary. Once that is done you record the deed in the local land records office to complete the transfer.

.

A title company or closing company should be able to quickly draft up the deed for you for around $100-150 and help with getting it executed and recorded.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK i will go to a titel company thanks for your advise

Thank you very much for the positive rating and generous bonus, it is greatly appreciated!

Barrister, Lawyer