Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We live in California and my mom got the house in the

Customer Question
We live in California...

We live in California and my mom got the house in the divorce and it was that she keep the house for the kids now her new husband trying to sell it and he not the owner he was just added on

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in CA family court?

No we were out town and the sheriff left papers to vacant by her husband but’s it’s my mom and dad house

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No not yet we don’t know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my mom moved to Missouri and they’re buying a new home me and my mother said when they got settle she would sign it over mom to son now her new husband trying to sell and it’s not even his house my dad brought it with his G I Bill and I’ve been sending my mom rent 1060 every month then they say somebody broke in her car and took her purse then I started sending it in her husband bank now he doing All this Plus saying am behind in rent which is a lie now he trying to sell it and put me my wife and child out

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

If her husband is not on the title of the house, then he has no legal right to do anything and he cannot sell the house. If your mother has put him on title, then you need to get her to change the title back so taht he has no authority to do anything with your house.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t understand now he don’t own or brought nothing my dad did with his G I Bill my mom only put him on a grant deed to re finance the house I looked at the deed And I don’t understand he saying like he was my dad a Davis but his last name is ***** ***** did that in Solano county and we in California and he not a davis he a hawk and it’s not his to doing Anything me and my mom had this agreement not him cause it not his house

He can't do anything to sell the house, because he is not on title.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer