Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I am renting in a high end apartment building in seattle,

Customer Question

i am renting in a high end apartment building in seattle, paying $3700 month. I signed my lease in Dec 2017. I just found out they are renting my same apartment model/square footage for $400 less per month. I asked the manager for an adjustment and he said no - they use dynamic pricing. is this legal
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: washington
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: 12 month lease. nothing related to me being responsible for maintenance or upkeep...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.
It is not illegal to charge some tenants more than others. Practically you may argue and seek an adjustment which landlord may consent to. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what argument would i have
Inequity, misled about market price.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!