Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I put down !12,000 in escrow money to purchase a house, then…

Customer Question
I put down !12,000...

I put down !12,000 in escrow money to purchase a house, then was unable to mee

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I signed paperwork when i paid the $12,000 escrow money

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

West anchorage in a new housing development. it was to be a new house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that the builder has not been notified yet that I will not be buying the house

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Why are you unable to proceed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to know if my builder will refund my $12,000 escrow payment if I terminate the purchase of the construction of my new home.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to know if my builder will refund my $12,000 escrow payment

Why do you no longer want to proceed? What is the issue? Does the contract allow it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The contract says if I cancel the

Some of the text got cut off. Can you please finish?

Tina, Lawyer