Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im needing to know my options on stopping a forcloseur on my…

Customer Question
Im needing to know...

Im needing to know my options on stopping a forcloseur on my home. Pennymac is my finance company. Every time i get the amount they asked for i call and ask where its to be sent and they tell me the cost has gone up. I was out of work for 6 months and they gave me a deferment, they day i told them i had a job, they wanted all back payments immediately. Since i couldnt pay the full amount they started forcloseur

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Weve tried to send money but not full amount so they refused it. Every time we call to make arrangements they hike how much we owe

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They just refuse to work with us and not return our calls

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/18/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Unfortunately this is a tactic that lenders use quite often.

You have a few options.

You can file a complaint for an investigation of the lender through the State and Federal Agencies that assist consumers with these matters. You can also ask the court to stop to the foreclosure. I can also provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in your area.

Where in Missouri is your real property located so we can get you local assistance?

At the Federal level the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau was created to assist borrowers in these situations. You will contact them at https://www.consumerfinance.gov/

The FTC can and will assist you at https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/audio-video/video/how-file-complaint-federal-trade-commission

Are you online with me?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Our property is in Arnold Missouri. How could we ask the courts to stop foreclosure?

You would need to file a motion to stop the foreclosure. Please give me a few moments to provide a link for Attorneys in the area that provide FREE consultations. I can also provide sample legal forms.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you still online with me? If you have any additional questions for me please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for using JA. We appreciate your business.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney