Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am feeling as if I was beat up by a timeshare sales person…

Hi Pearl. I...

Hi Pearl. I am feeling as if I was beat up by a timeshare sales person on Thrusday. As I write my notice of cancellation i ran across their statement that 10 days from signing or the date I receive the last of documents... does this mean they can ignore my cancellation request by not sending me all documents?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I am writing my letter exercising my right of cancellation

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the timeshare located?

Its a "points" system out of Las Vegas but the presentation was in Orlando

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

3/17/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

You should make it very clear that the cancellation is effective immediately and not wait ten days to receive documents. Moreover, since it was sold in Florida, you can file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General and that will stop any more communication from the timeshare company and get you a full refund of any money paid to them already.

Here is the link to the Florida Attorney General for such complaints re timeshares:

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/timeshares

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer