Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Although you say that Homeowners that are in non-compIiance…

Although you say that Homeowners...
Although you say that Homeowners that are in non-compIiance can vote according to The State of Texas ....I just researched texas code(###) ###-####which says it pertains to populations of at least 2.8 million. We have 300 thousand in our county and adjoining county has 1.9 million. I don't think this law applies to a rural HOA? Is that correct?
3/17/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Well there is no reason that the state law should discriminate against homeowners in a rural county, so it is worth contesting the issue and arging that it applies to your HOA as well. If not you can argue for a change in the law so that it applies equally to all HOA.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Did you read article(###) ###-#### Can you tell me if this Texas Law would apply to our rural area. We do not want any non-compliance people on the board? If they are siting Texas Law we need to show them the population doesn't work for rural areas.....or am I totally wrong?

It would not apply in a county with population as small as ours so you can restrict the non-compliance people from your board. Your reading is correct and I agree with you.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer