Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My Husband and I purchased a home in Gretna NE in Oct.

Customer Question
My Husband and I...

My Husband and I purchased a home in Gretna NE in Oct. 2016....it was a new home and a model home for the Builder. We paid cash for the house and because my Husband passed away in 2017, I want to sell the house and return to our home state. This house in which I currently own, will cost me several thousand dollars to sell, because we over paid for the house in 2016. Since then my house had depreciated in value due to other homes being build at a much lower cost than the Builder charged us for this house. He sold his remaining lots and moved out or the area, to a much higher priced building addition. I am only asking for the same price that we paid for this house, and nothing extra.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No, not at this time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NE lawyer about this?

No, not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I am 80 yrs. old and the Builder was aware that we needed a home quickly because my Husband (82), was in dire need of medical treatment at the UNMC in Omaha. He was medi-vac to that facility and we had to have a place to live. This was a new home and ready to occupy.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/17/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

.

thanks

I feel we were overcharged for this home and I need to know if the Builder from whom we purchased it has any responsibility to re-imburse us, (me), the cost of approx. $20,000. that amt. of decrease in my asking price to get this house sold. I have to lower my price from my purchase price of 373,000. that was paid in cash. I believe he needs to repay that portion of cost that I have to decrease my asking price. What is your thought re his responsibility?
Cancel this data and refund my money to the Card I used.
Thank You