Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My mother gifted land to me and deeded it only to me. Does…

Customer Question
My mother gifted land...

My mother gifted land to me and deeded it only to me. Does my wife have rights to it and if so what documents do I need for her to sign her rights off?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Yes a couple years ago this was done. The deed is done and registered with the town as my property and the deed says gifted to my son joe.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the land located?

Vermont

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that’s it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RealEstateAnswer
Do you want your wife to have an interest in it?