Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We recently had our lake house property surveyed and found…

We recently had our...

We recently had our lake house property surveyed and found out that our neighbor

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Neighbor's shed, LP gas cylinder and parking area our on our property. This was a surprise to both of us. We agreed on a land swap and a surveyor completed his survey to swap an equal amount of land between the two of us. I am trading land up by the street and he is trading land on the lake front. I would like to know how to proceed. I live in Brown County Indiana. thank

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Indiana lawyer about this?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is the price for a quick chat?

3/17/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

OK - thanks;

You will need local title company to draft two deeds here.The surveyor should provide the proeprty description as per the survey.Each of you signs the deeds here in the swap.

If either of you wants a title policy the title company can do so.Thats optional if the property is pad for here, no lender financing.The idea is that if there are any title issues on either tract you find out about it here and correct.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer

For your specific county

Brown County Abstract Co  

Title company in Nashville, Indiana

Address:***** Nashville, IN 47448

Phone: (812)(###) ###-####/a>

Suggest an edit · Own this business?

Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started