Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What is the best way to find/choose rentees for a House I…

What is the best way...
What is the best way to find/choose rentees for a House I have in Los Ángeles?
3/17/2018
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. A landlord wants to make sure that the tenant can afford the rent. You can ask to see paystubs or even tax returns, to evidence and show they have enough income for the rent each month. Moreover, you can likely conduct a background check, to make sure that they do not have anything of issue or concern on their record and also run their credit, to see if there is any foreclosure or even recent eviction on their record.

Is there companies that I can hire to help me?
You can hire a rental management company and they can do all of this for you and manage the property as well.
Some owners don’t want to be bothered with tenants and issues related to the property so they hire a company to do it all
Can you tell me or recommend any?
I am sorry but there are none that I can. I think you should speak with a few in the area and see the scope of what they do and their fees and select one that meets your needs and can handle this in a way that you are comfortable with. Thank you again and please let me know if there is anything else as I wokkd be happy to respond. If not I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time.
RealEstateAnswer