Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it legal for a land lord to quote you one price then they…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for a land lord to quote you one price then they want more money before they’ll give you the keys

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?

I haven’t done anything because the landlord lives in missiori and I live in Wisconsin I’ve sent him 1000 dollars in a money order

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a WI lawyer about this?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/17/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your contractual law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

A quote or an offer when accepted by the tenant becomes a binding legal contract.

In relation to your question it will come down to whether the the offer was accepted , rejected or expired.

Certainly if you verbally agreed or signed an agreement then he cannot subsequently increase the price before handing over the keys.

Your action would be to seek specific performance of the original contract and enforce this agreement.

If you have a copy of the quote or any other signed paper it will be possible for me to review this as an additional service, just let me know.

Looking forward to your follow up.

In return your positive rating is what gives me a credit for my time .

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I'd like to follow up on our recent interaction. Has your legal dilemmas been solved ?

Just a reminder that my effort and time goes without remuneration unless you leave a positive rating.

So please do take this time.

Best

Attorney Bill