Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live on a family farm each has 2-5 acres of our property.

Customer Question
I live on a...

I live on a family farm each has 2-5 acres of our property. There's an easement on the front dirt path(15-30'). I have by marriage a ne phew(32 Yes ld) who as lived there since birth&assumes the entire farm is his.He has bought a double wide&has started putting in his water meter&claims that he is coming across my entire back yard to put in his water line.Can he with out ASKING legally come through my Yard TO put his water line in? TX you for your time and assistance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We have a written easement that's filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the farm located?

Lenoir Co.,Lagrange NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma'am

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under North Carolina law, he does not have the right to come onto your property to put in the water line YOu would have to grant specific permission for that and he does not legally have the right to come onto your property to put in his water line. You should tell him to stop right away and restore your property to its prior condition before he started work.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 2 months ago

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Please rate five stars ***** and by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.