Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My sister is renting. She signed the lease in Nov 2017. She…

Customer Question
My sister is renting...

My sister is renting. She signed the lease in Nov 2017. She took the lessor to court over the lease about excessive rent increase. Was ruled in her favour. Now lessors agent is saying the lessor never signed the lease. They are now on a periodical lease. Can the lessor/agent do that. Give all parties went to court over the lease. I had to have been signed or otherwise the lessor lied in court..

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Qld

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

After the decision in my sisters favour he has made some complaints however nothing substantial. He has in fact referred to the “Lease”

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/16/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm so sorry. I see that you are in Australia. This means that I have to opt out of this discussion, alert our moderators, and have them shift you to the Australian website so a legal expert up can help. Thanks so much and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks