Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in a new community in polk county that did not have…

Good afternoon. I live...

Good afternoon. I live in a new community in polk county that did not have any bylaws or declarations pertaining to subdivision. How can I contest late fees when we have no documentation

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No because I wasn't aware of any of these fees until today when I received a letter stating I owe 1 year of fees for 3 months late fee

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Town of Davenport, County of Polk the address is 1244 Conch Key La 33837

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, but I have 15 days, to respond to these people. if you can send me your email, I will sent the letter to you that I received in the mail

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You contest them for not consenting to them, they lack any precedent or approval, lack of notice, and are arbitrary and unreasonable and as such also unenforceablePlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
acceptable. what legal paperwork would I need to file to enforce this
Initially contest by letter. It can come from you and then if needed counsel. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If court action needed it would be summons and complaint for declaratory judgment.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer