Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What iis my course of action in that the property next to…

Customer Question
What iis my course...

What iis my course of action in that the property next to mine (in ellis county,) was sold and the new owner decided to put his commercial business (all his trucks and equipment) in . I was understanding that it had deed restrictions on it all of the property on this street is residential.?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No am trying to find out the deed restrictions , the same company that sold us this house and 2.5 acre lot sold the property next store. this cant be good ,the house and proprty was 250,000. dollars

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Customer:*****waxahachie tx 75167

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Been here for four years ,was a couple with some kids living there prior

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If its residential, you may begin with a lawyer letter or notifying the police, which should prompt him to move them. That should avoid the need to sue, report to zoning board, or take other measures.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is no zoning board , this is about deed restrictions and someone buying land next to my house and running their commercial business ,?. not acceptable give me my money back. you dont understand or read the question.?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not acceptable give me my money back , you did not read the question .
I recommend several options including suing for an injunction and declaratory judgment.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Tina, Lawyer