Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a private Astronomer. I'm having trouble finding a

I am a private...

I am a private Astronomer. I'm having trouble finding a direct law pertaining to Light Pollution/ light Tresspass in Monroe county Indiana or for the state. I think I have the problem solved, but REMC seems a bit hessatent to shield the neighbors security light from my property. The Neighbors have agreed to call the company. But I may need a little Muscle with REMC. It is my opinion that I have as much right not to have their light spill onto my property. Thankyou, Bobby Bristoe.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have called REMC and they want the neighbors to cqall and the neighbors are in agreement. I'm now waiting to see if the utility will comply.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Indiana lawyer about this?

Not yet

3/16/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you

Were you able to find the local law?

This is what I see:

"No use shall produce heat or glare in such manner as to create a nuisance perceptible from any point beyond the lot lines of the property on which the use is conducted. In nonresidential areas, any lighting used to illuminate an off-street parking area, loading area, driveway, or service drive shall be shielded with appropriate light fixtures directing the light down and away from adjacent properties in order that the illumination at any property line shall not exceed one (1) foot candle. All exterior lighting shall be hooded and shielded so that the light source (i.e. bulb, filament, etc.) is not directly visible from the residential property lines. In residential areas, exterior lighting at any property line shall not exceed one (1) foot candle." http://www.co.monroe.in.us/TSD/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?TabID=383&Command=Core_Download&EntryId=24932&PortalId=0&TabId=383

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's what I needed, Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that's perfect, That is what I'm trying to accomplish
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is the total for this conversation.

Would you like me to provide you with a link for a local land use Attorney that provides FREE consultations?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I believe this is all I need. this website is all the muscle I will need if REMC is slow about this Thank you very much

The Attorneys on the site do not have access to customer accounts and we do not set any pricing. In fact the site does not share this information with us. I can provide the number for Customer Service so they can assist you with the question cost.

Call Customer Care

Please have your Order ID available when calling Customer Care

US / Canada1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you yes I would like that

You are most welcome.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will do that. You get an A+

Thank you. Are you able to see the rating scale at the top of the page on your end, 5 stars?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
5 stars

Are you able to see the scale to rate? Thank you for your consideration.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Thank you!

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney