Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I recently was working on refinacing my house i talked with…

Customer Question
I recently was working...

I recently was working on refinacing my house i talked with quicken loans rocket division they asked what i thought the value of my house was i told them that a year and 5 months ago it assested at 221thousand and the tax man had it at 209thousand they wanted 500.00 to get everything going they sent out two people to aprise the house they were here ten minutes tops asseted it at 160.000 although we have made improvements we want our 500.. back and they say we owe it because we cant get the amount they promised what kind of lawyer do i need to get the 160.000 iis right at what we paid for the house over ten years ago please help me

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Nothing didnt know that there were scams out there like that that advertise on tv we have called our credit card company to see if they can help

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Customer:*****east peoria il sets on a bluff overlooking the river and peoria u could not by a dog houuse up here for under a 100.000

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just as u can proably tell im very upset thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/16/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

You can certainly challenge the cost of the appraisal if you can show that the appraised value is not the true value of the property and the appraisal was deficient.

Have you had a realtor provide you a value estimation?

Reporting Scams:

The Illinois Attorney General is tasked with protecting consumer's in the State from scams. You would file a complaint with the Attorney General at

http://www.ag.state.il.us/consumers/

The FTC at https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at https://www.consumerfinance.gov/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you online with me? Do you have any additional questions for me?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney