Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

This property was a gift from our father, has a camp on ot.

Customer Question
There are 4 persons on...
This property was a gift from our father, has a camp on ot. There are 4 persons on a deed, when one person changes the deed without consent of the other person's . The change includes removing one person and adding another. Furthermore this wwas prior to the married persons divorce hearing. The husband manipulated his wife who has multiple scerosis into taking his name off, and adding their son.
Q. In PA, is it legal to change a deed without the consent of the other persons knowledge?
Q. In PA is it legal to make property changes prior to a divorce hearing?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/16/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

The answer to both of your questions is "yes". Generally, and in most states , a person who holds title to real estate as a tenant in common with others, can execute a deed of his interest to someone else. a married person can make property changes prior to a divorce hearing unless the court has previously issued a restraining order against such transfers which they usually do. if there was a restraining order in effect, then such property transfers prior to the divorce hearing might be voided by the court.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.