Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do I have to pay fire insurance and land taxes if the owners…

Do I have to...

Do I have to pay fire insurance and land taxes if the owners wants to lease me a contract for 10 years at 700.00 @ month? at 5 percent ..the land is ten acres 7000.00 a acre.70.000 flat price but financed would be at 5 percent for ten years, we don't think that's the law in Virginia our name is ***** ***** deed and its a double whammy with payments can we throw something legal at her to make her rewrite the offer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

She awaiting our decision we are thinking about renting another year to get credit up.then get a loan and good be her the flat 70.000

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this?

Need to find or locate one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure Just that the guess

3/16/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Does the lease contract say you have to pay the taxes and insurance on the property?... If so, then you do if you agree to the lease terms.. if not, you don't.

.

The written contract controls the relationship and you are free to refuse to accept the landlord/owner's terms if you don't agree to them. Then you would either continue to negotiate or the deal would end.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer
basic she is saying take it this way or find another way if you don't agree with my request?

That is pretty much the way I interpret it.. So she wants you to pay the extra cost of insurance and taxes as additional "rent" basically.