Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is a property purchase agreement in the state of Hawaii that…

Is a property purchase...

Is a property purchase agreement in the state of Hawaii that names both husband and wife as purchasers valid when the document is signed by the husband alone

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Hawaii lawyer about this?

No. We just discovered that a timeshare purchase agreement that we completed only had one signature on it and we would prefer to cancel the contract

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. We were manipulated and lied to during the sales and post sales hens we were pressured to purchase. By chance the final document excluded my wife's signature.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We had cont r acted with an organization to help us break the purchase agreement before realizing that only one signature appeared on the contract and other documents.

3/16/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the document contains both names and only one of the parties signed, then the contract has not been completely executed and as such it is arguably not binding. They will try to claim the husband who signed is bound, but legally if there are two names on the contract, then both parties must sign to completely execute the contract.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.