Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was wondering if my husband and I both want to be involved…

Customer Question
Hi, I was...

Hi, I was wondering if my husband and I both want to be involved in real estate is it permitted for me to put a property under contract and then either do a double close or assignment to then sell the property to my husband to manage the flip. This would be entirely disclosed to and approved by the lender who is not a bank but a private lender. The lender said they don't care if there is a transfer from me to my husband but I was wondering if you know of any reason why state/federal laws would prohibit such a transaction if all parties have been fully made aware of the entire transaction from start to finish?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

I made an initial offer to purchase a property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Wildwood Nj

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Does my question make sense?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Write Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/16/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Yes it is perfectly legal for you to do this. Please request phone chat and I will call you now

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you!
To be clear the purchase price of the loan would be higher than the initial amount paid
we would be looking to get money from the first closing on the transaction as part of the loan and disclose to all parties

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.