Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in texas in county, the adjoining county is Tarrant…

I live in texas...

I live in texas in parker county, the adjoining county is Tarrant County. We have an HOA with great governing documents that say that you can not run for a board position or vote if you are in non-compliance. The state law I believe Article 209 reads that they can not stop you from running for a board position or voting. The population in Parker County is about 300,000 and the adjoining county is 1.9 million. I believe that this Texas ruling only applies to large population like 2.8. We are concerned about several who are on the ballet for our HOA board. Can you help? We do not want these people elected

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this?

Yes....his name is***** and he agrees with me.

3/16/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

No, the Texas state law preempts any regulation that the Hoa MAKES, so you are allowed to run for office regardless of your status. The HOA cannot block you from doing this.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Thank you

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer