Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Getting a divorce in. House mortgaged, husband not on the…

Getting a divorce in...

Getting a divorce in Ky. House mortgaged, husband not on the deed. Can he get half?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken? Has he filed any papers in KY family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to a lawyer about this yet?

I don't think so. I haven't been able to file for a divorce due to not having the money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

About a law suit for slander

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Was the home purchased during the marriage? Why was he not on the deed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Lived here for almost 25years

So you owned the home prior to the marriage?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
22 years
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello

Thank you. If it is your non-marital property, you will continue to be the legal owner.

Non-marital property is property that:

• You already had when you got married, or
  • You inherited or received as a gift individually. (If your spouse says the property was given to both of you, you will have to prove that it was given only to you.)

However, he may try and argue that as a result of his contributions over the marriage that he is entitled to some of the equity in it, so that is something for the Judge to consider. He may not be entitled to an equal amount if you owned this prior to.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He liked 8 days being married. Refinance together about 18 months before we split. He's being naughty trying 2 get half of what I've worked for. What about a slander law suit?

To establish a claim for defamation, the following elements must exist: (1) defamatory language, (2) about the plaintiff, (3) which is published, and (4) which causes injury to reputation. Stringer v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 151 S.W.3d 781, 793 (Ky. 2004). Moreover, “defamatory language is broadly construed as language that ‘tends so to harm the reputation of another as to lower him in the estimation of the community or to deter third persons from associating or dealing with him.’”

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great! What do I need to speak with about several law suits on slander made from business & have prove? Not after money, just named cleared

You want to consult with local counsel about this. The site does not provide legal representation, and if you are not after money, you need to decide what relief is sought then.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer