Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Ray, I have been waiting for the notice of the sheriffs sale…

Hi Ray, I have been...
Hi Ray, I have been waiting for the notice of the sheriffs sale to show up on the lower court records and it has not. If you will recall, the "bank" bought it back after the lower court denied them advertising and additional costs. I have been watching to see if the deed was signed over and it hasn't The sheriffs sale was Feb 5th. 2 days after the sale the REO company (local) checked to see that I was still living here and when I called the Reo realtor he said a company, I have never heard of bought it back. My question is-does anything come to mind
that could have gone on? I have looked up other foreclosure cases that have gone to sheriffs sale and the notice is always in the records. Need you help. Thank you.
3/15/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

It is very possible there were legal problems here with the sale and title.Consider no news is good news here.It really is strange but no unheard of.Be diligent and take it day to day.You have to be your own advocate and detective, I hope you will have some good news here ,maybe they decided they lacked good title or the suit was not done properly.Could be many things.Time will tell what they do here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today again.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer