Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Florida Statute 83.60 would apply. I'm trying to get you a…

Florida Statute 83.60 would apply...
Florida Statute 83.60 would apply. I'm trying to get you a copy of the lease.
3/15/2018
Loren, Lawyer

That would be a defense if evicted for non payment. She can also do a rent withhold, but I am under the impression that you want to terminate the lease.

I am suggesting that, rather than wait for the landlord to sue, she sues now for breach of the lease.

Loren, Lawyer
How do I go about getting an attorney for her? Can she call you?
Phone call session started

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Also, The Florida Bar maintains an excellent online referral program:

FLORIDA BAR ATTORNEY REFERRAL

Thank you for the phone call Loren. You helped me get a start on getting my daughter out of her lease.