Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I’m looking for advising on deed transferring? Do you think…

Customer Question
Hello, I’m looking for...

Hello, I’m looking for advising on deed transferring? Do you think you would be able to assist me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

So I was a grantee of a quitclaim with two other co-owners in 2013 for a parcel located in G**, **N. We are now looking to quitclaim to another party. I was thinking of quitclaiming my ownership to the other two co-owners before the quitclaim to the new grantee because I don’t want my name recorded. Would it make a difference if I quit claimed with them or not?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

3*** H*****St**y, *****N

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the address is recorded on the lake county website but my name only shows in the quitclaim deed that is scanned to the record. If you searched my name nothing will come up. However, for the tax parcel records, my name

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My name is ***** ***** the tax parcel records. I am trying to avoid my name being recorded.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/15/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

I am not quite sure what you want to accomplish.

If anonymity is all you want then why not transfer your interest to a single member corporation or LLC. Then the name on the deed will show as the LLC.

If you convey your interest to your partners it will take you out of title and could also have unintentional tax consequences.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do you mean by unintentional tax consequences?

The IRS can take the position that the transfer was for value and impute market value to the transaction. That would be treated as capital gains.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer