Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I’m concerned about being asked to pay closing costs on anew…

I’m concerned about being...

I’m concerned about being asked to pay closing costs on anew house that has not been built yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have filled out tons of paperwork. I have paid 30% down. I have a HELOC and filled out paperwork for a mortgage

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Villages of Citrus Hills

3/15/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what can I answer for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On new construction, do you pay closing costs before construction has begun?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Prefer text

No, and normally you would not close at that early stage either. You want to protect your payment in the event there is delay, construction does not complete, and should most definitely have legal counsel review the documents.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Very welcome.

Kindly rate me 5 stars

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer