Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Am dealing with Sunnova. They installed a solar system on a…

Am dealing with Sunnova...

Am dealing with Sunnova. They installed a solar system on a tile roof that was 28 years old. In their contract it says they will perform A. the engineering site audit(a thorough physical inspection of the property, including, if applicable, geotechnical work), B. The final system design, C. Realestate due diligence to confirm the suitability of the property for the construction, installation and operation of the System. The roof has been leaking for a while and we need to remove the solar to replace. They are charging $5000 to remove. We do not feel we should have to pay for removal or replacement of solar since they should have not installed a 25year lease solar system on a 28 year old roof.
If it were inspected correctly then they would have never installed Nevada
At this point we are just trying to deal and reason with solar, but that is going nowhere. We do have a roof inspection and the roofer said that there was no way the roof would have been good in 2015 when solar was installed. At this point we would just like them to remove the solar since they did not perform a roof inspection per the contract

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. I have just been going back and forth with customer service, but with no results. I just got a call from the old owner and they said Sunnova said they would settle with them for $2500. I don't know why they would settle with the old owners since they already sold the home and now we are the ones that have to pay for removal and installation

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NV lawyer about this?

No

3/15/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

You will win the claim, because it was negligent of the solar company to put the installation on an old roof like yours. You can sue them in small claims court for a refund of your purchase price.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I need to get an attorney or just fight it in small claims?

Your case is so strong, I think that you can save the legal fees and just fight it yourself in small claims court. A lawyer would cost you several thousand dollars, and you have a strong case and communicate very well here, so you should be fine on you own.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer