Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What im going to do if i like to remove my name on loan

Customer Question
Hi what im going...

Hi what im going to do if i like to remove my name on loan morgage

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not yet...i like to have any advise

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Aina haina Honolulu hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes... how much my payment to help me out on this situation

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/15/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael Bradley
Why do you want to remove your name from the mortgage?
i want to be free with the other owner of the house
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 6 months ago
The only ways to remove your name from the mortgage would be to refinance it and take your name off or sell the property. If neither are realistic options due to the other party you would have to file an action in partition and the court can order the sale of the property.
if i going to file an action,how much i pay to the attorney?
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 6 months ago
That is up to the attorney. It is not a terribly difficult petition to do. I would look for an attorney who has an emphasis in real estate law
ok thanks for that....maybe i can not afford the attorney i just need to talk the guy sell the property...thank u
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 6 months ago
You are welcome. Good luck. Agreeing to sell the property is best if he can't refinance to remove you. A long court process does not help anyone.
Please rate my advice. While I do not do this for the ratings my compensation is tied to the ratings system.
i tell u the truth im worried about my name because my ancle the one own the house,he is in the mental theraphy right now he is in the hospital and i dont know how far he goes in hospital...thats why i like to sell but in case he dont like i dont know what can i do....
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 6 months ago
In that scenario you would need a partition action.