Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How do you present a petition to a BOD of an HOA. The

Customer Question
How do you present...

How do you present a petition to a BOD of an HOA. The petition is requesting the replacement of the ACC committee in Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Just the signatures and the request to have them replaced

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No, we were going to presnt it to the BOD at a meeting

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/15/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley
The first thing you want to do is check the bylaws to see if there is any procedure. Absent that you would go to a HOA meeting and wait for the time to present new business and address it at that time. You can also sent a letter to to the BOD requesting it be put on the next agenda