Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am haveing trouble with Wells Fargo screwing me around for…

I am haveing trouble...

I am haveing trouble with Wells Fargo screwing me around for the last 3/4 years about nhome modification. I was told by Fannie Mae which backs loan I could get the Harp 2.0 and they keep dening me any help. They helped me once and went up on rate and years and I was denied the USGove program for underwater homes

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No I was trying to find someone to help me

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Shallotte NC

I am in cpt 13 and Fannie Mae said put in wifes name and I can get the Harp 2.0 .They have denied me any kind of help and if u read about ll the fines they hve paid and all the people they have screwed I should not hve much trouble sueing them
3/15/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I still need somne help.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. The site asked me to see if I can assist you.

Wells Fargo is notorious for not being helpful. That being said there are State and Government Consumer Protection Agencies that can and will assist you with this matter.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is tasked with assisting consumers with obstacles they are facing working on financing, re-financing and loan modifications, among other matters. You can file a complaint online today for assistance at https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

The FTC can also assist at https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

Your State Attorney General is also tasked with consumer protection in your State. You will contact the AG at http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/fdbee1c7-c2a9-4f67-91b2-bb50beea1c0a/2-2-12-File-a-Complaint.aspx

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars? Thank you for your consideration.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney