Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a simple sales contract signed by all parties be used to…

Can a simple sales contract...
Can a simple sales contract signed by all parties be used to re-deed a home at time of sale?
3/14/2018
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

What do you mean by "redeed"? What are you trying to accomplish?

By redeed I mean get the house out out the seller’s name and into the buyer’s name by filing at the courthouse.
Did you see my response?

Why is there not a contract before you close? Is there any title report?

Yes, you can agree to an immediate closing if you want. I would recommend you not rush and do this without a title company and title report.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question

No. I just need an answer to my first question. There is a contract. There is no need for title report. Everything is in order. Just need change of ownership filed in court records.

Yes, so long as the parties sign something to acknowledge, assign or amend the original contract, it should be fine.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Lawyer

By the way, if there is a typo, or some other error in the deed, you can file a new deed with a note that it is being re recorded to correct "scrivener's error".