Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a non profit be gifted property which is landlocked? New…

Can a non profit...

Can a non profit be gifted property which is landlocked?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York state

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Attempting to buy the ROW with the current owners of the surrounding property of 127 acres

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, what is a prescriptive easement, and does it pertain to the building a road to the said property ?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
The gift would be subject to any restraints and encumberances.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
The people that own it want to gift it to us, but the neighbors who obtained their parcels afterward will not allow any ROW
You can seek ROW by necessity.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Court can also order it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Excellent, thank you
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Lawyer