Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My question is back in 2009 I filed bankruptcy and it was…

Customer Question
My question is back...

My question is back in 2009 I filed bankruptcy and it was discharged in 2012, I surrendered rental property to the person I was involved with at the time, one of the rentals is still showing up on my credit report , and I am trying to refinance my home and with this on my credit the bank is saying I am still liable for the mortgage and the bankruptcy lawyler is saying I am not doing you have any suggestions on how to have this to get removed

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Steps for refinancing

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Guilford indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Rental property still on my credit report is sayler park cinti oh

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/15/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
no one has answered my question
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley
Was the rental property listed on the bankruptcy?
The property was listed on the bankruptcy the person that I was involved with at the time now is fully responsible for the rental property and is paying the loan but it is showing on my credit with the amount of the monthly payments so the bank that I am working with saying that it is hurting my debt to income ratio even though I’m not making payments or responsible for no one explained to me I was supposed to possibly refinance to get my name off everything that I surrendered I was just told I’m not liable
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 3 months ago

refinancing would be the easiest way

if it was on the bankruptcy then it should be removed

you could send the finance company a copy of your petition discharging the debt to see if they would remove you