Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What documents do I need to transfer the deed on a home in…

What documents do I need...
What documents do I need to transfer the deed on a home in Charlotte, North Carolina, Mecklenburg County. The property is an inheritance to my 19 year old niece in New York State who does not have either the desire or the means to maintain it and does not want the property. I have spent a few thousand dollars on maintenance and repair and have also saved it from mortgage foreclosure. I have maintained all expenses for 6 months and now want to sell it to recoup my expenses and receive a small profit for myself and my niece.
3/14/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Y​ou can do this by quick claim deed here.

Free forms...http://www.co.davidson.nc.us/media/pdfs/19/Quitclaim_Deed_85x11.pdf​

You complete it and she signs in front of notary.Then you file in county deed records.Thats all there is to it

.I appreciate the chance to help you again today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated

Ray, Lawyer