Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If i pay property taxes on a property that i don't own when…

Customer Question
If i pay property...

If i pay property taxes on a property that i don't own when can i claim said property

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Mesa cty, co

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/14/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Could you provide me some background on this situation so I can fully understand you a bit better. Why did you pay the property taxes on property that you didn't own?

my parents own the home a sebling feels i should pay taxs because my parents ask me to live in the house

I see. Did you come to an agreement with them that said that if you paid the taxes that you could own the home?