Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Property management contract in Florida- We have terminated…

Property management contract in Florida-...
Property management contract in Florida- We have terminated our contract with a management company in Florida and have sold one of the homes and are in the process of selling the other. The management company is contesting that we terminated properly and are demanding the commissions from the homes. I currently live in NJ and I need someone to help me with the terms and clauses so I know what my legal obligations are.
2 of 4
3 of 4
4. I’ll probably need to speak with you on the phone. Thanks
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

I have reviewed your contract and would be more than happy to talk to you over the phone.

Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Ok. My number is ***-***-****. Here is the copy of the email he sent me; Hello Tom, I wanted to reach out to you today as I understand you have moved to sell the home to the current tenant at 4797 Timberland. Based on the PMA (contract you signed) “under Fees”: We are considered the recurring cause as the tenant was placed by us. It also goes on to state that we shall receive a 6% when the tenant purchases the home. I have the PMA with both you and Dee’s initials and signatures. The date of signature is: 7/15/07 I have the fax stamp on the page back from you” Aug-17-2007. I have the page attached so you can review it. I also have the PMA for Johnson Ave. That also states if anyone purchases the home we are eligible for a commission. I am reaching out to you because I would like to work through this situation of Timberland within the next 24 hours. I will look forward to how you would like to resolve this. Have a good day, Robert

Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started