Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was in the process of selling one of my homes and the

I was in the...

I was in the process of selling one of my homes and the buyer made unauthorized modifications and I was fined by the city for all the trash he left what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I accepted his offer only

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes he refuses to pay for the fines or the payment to have the trash removed. He also entered the house without my permission and made major changes to the house

3/13/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Buyer modified before title changed hands? what can I answer for you?
he did. Am I obligated to proceed with the sale?
You are not. You also may demand buyer cover any fines and costs.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I do not want to proceed with the sale. I do not want to have any dealings with this person but my agent is pressuring me
He claims I'm in default
I outlined options above. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptabl
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Lawyer