Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What options do I have my mom sold the house that I’m living…

Customer Question
What options do I...

What options do I have my mom sold the house that I’m living in with my eight-year-old daughter did not tell me that she even had it on the market and told her friend the other day that I have until April 1 to move out of the house but she has not said anything to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I don’t know, I haven’t been told anything from my mom or gotten any papers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Do you have a written lease for a fixed term?

Are you online with me?