Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We signed a contract to sell our home with a real estate…

Customer Question
We signed a contract...

We signed a contract to sell our home with a real estate investor and specifically said that the contract would not be sold to another group. Our contract was immediately sold and we have no idea who it is with. Do we have any legal recourse against the buyer(s)?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Only earnest money with a title company

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We did sign a contract with this specific group and they sold it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/13/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Ok understood
Can you please answer my question.

Absolutely, but I have to finish reading and typing up a response. The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Hi, I haven’t forgotten about you. Unfortunately, I don't think that I will be able to get to you as soon as I would like and you deserve to have someone help you out.

Let me opt out so you can get the help you need.

Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Different expert here.

Did the contract prohibit the buyer from assignment without your consent?