Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Document review. I am a homeowner that has terminated my…

Document review. I am a...
Document review. I am a homeowner that has terminated my contract with a leasing company that has been managing my two homes in Florida. The management company is claiming I didn’t do it properly and is trying to claim the commissions from the sales of these homes. I need help interpreting the terms to insure I have complied.
2 of 4
3
4
3/13/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Were you able to speak to an Attorney in the previous question?

No. She withdrew because of the document review.

Oh. I am sorry about that. Let me take a look.

I will take a call if you can help me.

I do not participate in telephone calls. I am happy to work from here or see if I can find an Attorney on the site that will call and review the documents.

Ok. This is a copy of the email I received today;I wanted to reach out to you today as I understand you have moved to sell the home to the current tenant at 4797 Timberland.Based on the PMA (contract you signed) “under Fees”: We are considered the recurring cause as the tenant was placed by us.It also goes on to state that we shall receive a 6% when the tenant purchases the home.I have the PMA with both you and Dee’s initials and signatures.The date of signature is: 7/15/07I have the fax stamp on the page back from you” Aug-17-2007.I have the page attached so you can review it. I also have the PMA for Johnson Ave. That also states if anyone purchases the home we are eligible for a commission.I am reaching out to you because I would like to work through this situation of Timberland within the next 24 hours.I will look forward to how you would like to resolve this.Have a good day,Robert
He attached the bottom section of page three to his email.

Please give me a few moments to review the documents.

Ok

I also advised the site that the best outcome would be a phone call with an Attorney that will review the documents. In the meantime I am reviewing them.

Should I expect a call? Or click on the ‘call me’ button?

Feel free to click the button as it should be apparent that you want to discuss the attached documents.

I see the language he is referencing. How did you cancel the management agreement?

Certified letter. I have the receipts for both contracts on both homes within the prescribed 60 days. He is playing with the difference between their contract with the tenants and the one with us.

He was the procuring cause for this tenant to rent from you and ultimately purchase the property?

They did procure this tenant, but the home has not been sold to them yet. They are intending to buy it and we are negotiating, but it is not sold yet.
That is for the Timberland home. The Johnson Ave home, the tenants moved out and another party bought the home.
He is claiming we will owe for both.

When I read the cancellation it requires that no tenant procured by the management can be residing in the home.

he Is claiming we owe for both.
The Timberland tenants lease is up March 31

Well there are no rights as far as the Johnson home.

The tenants are being represented by another realtor as are we.

I see no rights in the Johnson home the Timberland home is a different issue based on the cancellation clause.

What is the difference?

Ok. Thank you

Paragraph 10 Termination requires that the agreement can only be terminated when it is unoccupied by the tenant they procured. Are you able to see the language?

Are you still online with me?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney