Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We was evicted from our home almost three weeks ago due to…

Customer Question
We was evicted from...

We was evicted from our home almost three weeks ago due to what turned out to be a scam we entered into some 2 years ago. Is there anyway we can get our home back?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No paperwork been file to try and recover it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The last court document filed in Clayton County Court was Intention to filed Writ of Certiorari.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. How were you scammed? Was the person who evicted you the person who scammed you?

We had a very high interest rate but was could not get a refinance. We were told that that we could maybe become free from all debt by doing during a sincrzation audit on the mortgage from which they claim to have committed in many cases fraud and other unlawful violation. They claim they would do a Quiet Titled Action law suit.
was this a foreclosure action? If so did you have an attorney?
No I did not have a personal attorney.
The person who evicted us was the person who got the house on the foreclosure.
The bank did the foreclosure. The people who evicted us I assume was the ones got the house in a wrongful foreclosure.

So did you defend the foreclosure action? I ask because you shared that you had a high-interest rate, so I am curious if you raised that as a defense?

Not sure what was going on. The person who scam claim he filed all type documents. No that issue was not raised. The foreclosure proceeding was in magistrate court.
Based upon what you shared any issue or defense with the mortgage needed to be raised and used during the foreclosure proceedings. If they were not raised and defended it may be hard to get your home back now since it was sold to a third party. However, you could try and sue for monetary damages and go after the bank if the foreclosure was illegal.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

can I get my money back?

From who?

Where do I file a claim if during an eviction some property was stolen and damaged?

I am confused. Who do you want your money back from? This website or you mean suing the bank?

Sue the bank.

You would sue the bank, if they bought the home back at auction and you were wrongfully evicted and they stole and damaged your personal property, without going through the proper procedures.