Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have a new court date of3-21-18. The tenant has mailed me…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new court date of3-21-18 . The tenant has mailed me a registered letter which I have not picked up yet. But I'm worried as he has no move to retrieve anything from the house in 3 weeks. Do I need a lawyer to go to court with me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Harris county texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes eviction for non payment of rent. Last payment was received in January.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He may have hired an eviction specialist but I don't think she is a lawyer.

Do they still have to live there to fight the eviction?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
3/13/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RealEstateAnswer
Why have you not picked up the letter? Are you suing for rent or just to evict them and get them out?